We know how much ‘afternoon tea’ is eagerly anticipated by our guests when on a catered holiday. Trying to guess which cake has been whipped up by the Jack & Jill team is a favourite game played on the way back from the slopes.
Flapjack – whilst not the most impressive sounding – is always a huge hit, as the chewy fruit and nut squares go so well with a cup of steaming Yorshire Tea. Of course, the added bonus is that the tasty Flapjack travels so well, it’s the perfect snack to wrap up and put in your ski jacket the following day (that is, if there are any slices still left!)
Here’s a Jack & Jill recipe so you can create your own slice of mountain fuel heaven at home…
- 200g unsalted butter
- 200g brown sugar
- 180g honey
- 400g porridge oats
- A small handful of apricots, roughly chopped
- A small handful of cranberries
- Heat oven to 180ºc, grease and line a baking tin.
- Melt the butter, sugar and honey in a large saucepan and remove from heat.
- Stir in the porridge oats, cranberries and apricots.
- Pour the mixture into a lined tin and flatten to about 2cm thickness.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely in the tin, turn out and cut into squares.
Try playing with the ingredients – you can substitute the apricots & honey to create your own perfect flapjack.
Maple & pecan
Pistachio & cardamom
Honey, ginger & walnut
Cranberry & macadamia nut
..or why not all the nuts, seeds & dried fruit you can find in your cupboard to create the ultimate trail bar?
We hope you enjoy!